The Nansen Center for Peace and Dialogue (NCPD) evolved from its foundation in 1995 to become an international hub for dialogue work, with more than 20 years of experience in exploring methodologies and implementing dialogue projects. Our activities have catalysed actions by others, such as the creation of Nansen Centers in the Balkans, and dialogue projects in many countries like Ukraine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Colombia and Kenya, in addition to promotion of dialogue and capacity building in Norway. The Nansen Center for Peace and Dialogue is based in Lillehammer, a city with a rich variety of institutions.
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring Dialogue Advisor to carry out national and international dialogue activities. We are looking for someone with strong skills in pedagogy, with proven experience within dialogue, conflict transformation, mediation or similar. It is a temporary position until 31.12.2018. An extension of the contract will be considered at the end of 2018.
- Support or lead dialogue facilitation and capacity building through trainings, seminars or lectures on dialogue for peace, development, social cohesion and inclusive societies.
- Lead and contribute to cross-departmental projects and deliver high quality dialogue products – including written products and opinion pieces/blogs.
- Actively lead or contribute to the development of new projects and innovation plans.
- Lead or contribute to the delivery of high quality NCPD papers, reports and blogs.
- Present dialogue training results, both orally and in writing, to various internal and external audiences.
- Represent NCPD in various forums, as delegated.
- Contribute to the development of NCPD conceptual framework on dialogue.
- You are a proven team player with experience from peace work, conflict transformation, humanitarian or development aid, or similar.
- You have experience in writing project proposals and know your M&E.
- Masters degree or above in pedagogy, migration or displacement studies, conflict, development, public policy, international politics, law or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years’ work experience leading or coordinating projects.
- Proven track record producing high quality seminars, trainings or methodology development.
- Excellent English writing skills and fluent knowledge of a Scandinavian language is a very strong advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience analysing and interpreting conflict and peace research is an advantage.
For more information about the position, contact Director of NCPD Alfredo Zamudio at +47 936 80054 or Senior Advisor Recruitment at Randstad Tomm Svae at +47 400 21484 . The Nansen Center for Peace and Dialogue wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age, culture or origin, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
For more information about the NCPD, please see website www.peace.no
.Please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 5th of January 2018. CV and applications will be reviewed continuously and we reserves the right to call for interviews before the deadline.