The role will report hierarchically to the Managing Director of Skretting and functionally to the Corporate Legal and E&C Directors of Nutreco.
- Legal advice: proactively advises management of the business entities in decisions were advice is requested, and takes care of legal analyses to support these decisions, within the corporate guidelines, in order to ensure legal awareness in decision making and to minimise legal risks
- Legal Documentation (eg contracts): reviews and drafts legal documentation for the business entities, in line with demands of the internal client and complying with relevant legislation and internal policies
- Claims management: handles claims from those parts of the business for which the legal counsel has prime responsibility
- Legal policies: together with the senior legal counsel, implements legal policies in those parts of the business for which the legal counsel has prime responsibility
- Risk management: identifies legal risks and proposes ways to mitigate these risks
- M&A and disposals: supports the senior legal counsel and director legal in M&A and disposal projects
- Awareness:creates awareness and emphasizes the importance of E&C throughout the global Skretting Group
- E&C Policies and procedures: profound understanding of existing and new corporate policies and procedures, assists Skretting to implement, operate and monitor these.
- Code of Ethics: promotes adherence to Nutreco's ethical standards and drives a culture of openness and transparency
- Training: provides E&C training to target groups within Skretting
- E&C Committee: acts as the secretary to the Skretting Ethics & Compliance Committee to ensure this committee has a comprehensive overview of E&C culture and processes within the Skretting organization
- Incident handling: supports the business to handle incidents reported via the internal whistleblower facility or otherwise
- Privacy compliance: provides support for privacy compliance matters, in coordination with the Nutreco Privacy Officer
- Monitoring and reporting: oversees the E&C activities within the Skretting Group and regularly provides reports to the Corporate E&C Director
- Legal Degree
- A generalist having sound knowledge of and expertise in contract and company law and basic knowledge of competition, labour and regulatory laws and regulations
- At least 6-10 years of experience in an international corporate/business oriented environment
- Experience in drafting/ratifying a variety of agreements (commercial, R&D)
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Pro-active and quality driven attitude
- Pragmatic and (internal) client focussed approach, business- and financial awareness
- Strong communication skills, and a no-nonsense hands-on attitude
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
- Experience or at least affinity with implementation of ethics and compliance programs
- Willing to travel internationally
- Skretting Group offers a broad, independent management position with challenging tasks at the core of our business. You will be working in an international setting with highly skilled professionals. We offer a pleasant and informal working environment with great focus on collaboration across units and countries. There will be excellent opportunities to further develop your professional and personal capabilities and pursue a career internationally. Skretting further offers an attractive salary and benefit package.
Interested? For additional questions please contact one of our recruitment advisors at Dfind Finance and Accounting, Bjørn Helle on +47 99124766 or Stian Gundersen on +47 46622488. All inquiries will be treated confidentially, also towards Skretting if requested. Please send your interest and motivation for the job, along with your CV, through the "Apply" link on this advert. Application deadline: August 20th.
Skretting is the global leader in manufacturing and supplying feed for farmed fish and shrimp. Skretting
provides innovative nutritional solutions for the aquaculture industry and produces
feed in 18 countries on five continents with 3,000 employees. The annual
turnover is more than € 2 Bio. The global headquarter is in Stavanger, Norway.
Skretting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nutreco, a global leader in animal
nutrition and aquafeed.