The Technical Service Representative will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries related to the QUICKSILVER and the UTTERN boat brands (brands under the European Boat Group management) which will take the form of requests for information, customer complaints and other general after sales and service matters. The Technical Service Representative will also be responsible for escalating any issues and tasks outside of their capabilities to the relevant teams within the organisation and then monitoring the tasks through to resolution.Accountabilities:
- Manages warranty claim processing and adjudication from dealer submission to their resolution by evaluating claims in accordance with the warranty procedure, controlling credit notes and issuing pre-authorization numbers, re-invoicing the dealers place orders on P&A and organize return parts to destination.
- Follows up to ensure timely resolution of issues by tracking the progress and report on the status of “open issues”, including support for the legal cases.
- Provides warranty/quality-related training to dealers - Organizes and leads training sessions on any boat product and training for warranty claims administration.
- Follows up yards interventions from submission to resolution in ensuring that the established process is respected (confirming yards intervention necessity, putting together appropriated documentations, following up with planning and proper communication to dealers)
- Provides support for the resolution of legal issues by escalating product issues; attending court disputes if requested; weekly review of the legal cases
- Offers support via phone or email to the dealers related to boat warranty/quality ; communicates via letters and bulletins related to technical documentation and updates
- Collaborates with the other functions within the Boat Business Unit to support events such as exhibitions & boat shows, Sales promotional days, Open-door days, Press tests
- Back-up for Sweden – Operating as back-up person for covering Service requests coming from the Swedish network when the person responsible for that area is off work.
- Supports the EMEA After Sales Team by administrating the warranties in the extranet and facilitating the communication with the Belgium group.
Specific Problem-solving skills:
- Relevant experience in Technical Customer role
- Understanding of key boat aspects
- Thorough knowledge of the products and of the distribution networks is essential
- Familiar with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge in Norwegian and English
- Understands and complies with manufacturer’s documentation and technical information applicable to our boat products
- Good customer management - Build and maintain constructive relationships with customers (dealers and end consumers where applicable)
- Be able to diagnose and analyze product and service related problems encountered on the field
- Provides timely, accurate service information for the repair and prevention of problems on all products
- Encourages use of recommended policies/products
- A competitive salary package in line with your experience & expertise
- Extra-legal benefits such as a performance-related bonus
- The opportunity to work autonomously in a diverse function within a fast-growing international company leading in its sector
- The possibility to fully develop your talents and to grow within your function
- Work-life balance: flexible work schedule