for your own security
Randstad is committed to protecting personal data that are entrusted to us. This applies to personal data concerning employees, candidates, customers and suppliers. Personal data are therefore processed with the greatest possible care in accordance with the Norwegian Personal Data Act.
This privacy statement describes who we are, for what purposes we may use your data, how we process it, to whom we may disclose it (e.g. customers and/or other Randstad Group companies), where it can be transferred to or be accessible from, and what your rights are.
Randstad Norway AS’s head office is in Kristian Augusts gate 15 C, N-0164 Oslo. Its organisation number is 981 342 895. It has the following subsidiaries:
- Dfind AS, org. no. 983 246 060
- Dfind Consulting AS, org. no. 922 073 902
- Dfind Epi AS, org. no 924 028 173
- Dfind Direction AS, org. no. 924 016 108
- Randstad AS, org. no. 948 762 404
- Randstad Care AS, org. no. 980 429 069
Randstad Norway AS with pertaining companies in Norway (referred to in this privacy statement as ‘we’ or ‘Randstad’) is the personal data controller, within the meaning of the Personal Data Act.
why do you need information about me?
Randstad will only use your personal data for the following purposes, to offer and provide the hiring of personnel, for recruitment, restructuring and advisory services, in connection with consultancy, outsourcing and other HR services related thereto, to fulfil agreements and comply with laws and regulations, for HR and personnel administration, to develop and improve our services and conduct business processes, for customer and supplier administration, internal administration, marketing, statistics and reporting, and to comply with national and international sanction provisions.
The following information may be processed:
- Name, address, email, phone number and other contact details
- Date of birth, marital status, gender
- Photos, nationality, national ID number/personal ID number, identity card, residence permit
- CV, work experience, references, qualifications, certificates, languages skills
- Results from assessments and skills analyses
- Information about availability and days off/leaves of absence, pay, tax etc.
- Any other information you give us that is relevant for a specific job profile, position or job offer, or in connection with a contract, marketing, events, surveys, invitations, handling customer and supplier relationships and other statutory requirements.
Randstad may also process special categories of personal data if deemed necessary to meet statutory requirements when expressed consent has been granted or if permitted pursuant to law. This concerns personal data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical or religious beliefs or trade union membership, health information or information about a person’s sex life or sexual orientation, and information about criminal acts. If consent is granted or if permitted by law, further information concerning excerpts from criminal records, drug tests and credit information may also be processed.
Randstad can use your personal data on the basis of:
2. If necessary to fulfil a contract
3. If necessary to fulfil a legal obligation
4. If necessary to address legitimate interests – a weighing of interests
We will not use your personal data for other purposes than those listed in this privacy statement without notifying you of this in advance, and before obtaining your consent.
how will my information be processed?
Randstad will only use your personal data for the purposes for which they were obtained, unless otherwise decided by law.
Randstad uses technical and organisational methods that are in accordance with Randstad’s data protection and information security policy and applicable legislation.
how long will information about me be stored?
How long your personal data will be stored depends on the kind of personal data and the purpose of the processing.
Randstad does not store your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were obtained, unless otherwise decided by law.
Randstad stores personal data that are obtained from
(i) application and recruitment processes in the current year for the last activity and then for three (3) subsequent years, and
(ii) customer and supplier contracts for ten (10) years after the contract period has ended.
will you share information about me with a third party?
Randstad may share your personal data with other companies:
- Within the Randstad Group
We may need to share personal data in order to quickly and efficiently offer candidates and employees relevant work, and to offer Randstad’s customers and new business connections the best expertise.
- Our clients
We may need to share personal data to perform and handle assignments or services for our customers.
- Our third party service providers, sub-contractors and partners We may need to share personal data to perform assignments or services such as pay administration, technical support, IT operations etc.
Our processing of personal data in accordance with this privacy statement may involve the transfer of data to other countries, including outside the European Union.
When transferring personal data outside the EU, measures will be implemented to ensure appropriate processing of the data. The country to where your personal data are transferred has been deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection.
what are my rights?
You may at any time request:
- To access the personal data we have registered about you
- To correct this information if it is factually wrong
- That we erase your personal data or restrict the processing of personal data about you
- To receive a copy of your personal data in a structured and commonly used and machine-readable format
We will carefully consider your request to ensure that your rights are addressed. We may ask you for proof of identity to ensure that we are not sharing your personal data with someone other than you.
Please note that in some cases, for instance due to legal requirements, we may not be able to grant your request right away.
We will notify you in any case of what measures have been taken within one month of us receiving your request.
If you would like to read more about your rights as a data subject, see the Norwegian Data Protection Authority’s website www.datatilsynet.no. You can also complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority if you are unhappy with Randstad’s processing of personal data.
can I withdraw my consent?
You can withdraw your consent at any time. However, you must understand that it will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal, or further processing of the same data on other legal grounds such as contracts or compliance with a legal obligation to which the Randstad Group is subject.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact Randstad’s data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
can I object to my personal data being processed?
You can object to the processing of your personal data at any time.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or other questions relating to your personal data, please contact Randstad’s data protection officer at email@example.com or by calling (+47) 400 21 400.
Updated version of 02. April 2020